Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Open Your Heart to Me...

"I try to live in such a way that no one will be hindered from finding the Lord by the way I act, and so no one can find fault with my ministry. In everything I do I try to show that I am a true minister of God. I patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind. I have been emotionally beaten, been put in exile, faced angry committees, worked to exhaustion, endured sleepless nights, and gone without food. I have proved myself by my purity, my understanding, my patience, my kindness, my sincere love, and the power of the Holy Spirit. I have faithfully preached the truth. God's power has been working in me. I have righteousness as my weapon, both to attack and to defend myself. I serve God whether people honor me or despise me, whether they slander me or praise me. I am honest, but they call me a pretender. I am well known, but I am treated as unknown. I live close to death (career/ministry-wise), but here I am, still alive. I have been beaten (emotionally) within an inch of my life. My heart aches, but I always have joy. I am poor, but I give spiritual riches to others. I own nothing, and yet I have everything. Oh, dear friends! I have spoken honestly with you. My heart is open to you. If there is a problem between us, it is not because of a lack of love on my part, but because you have withheld your love from me. I am talking now as I would to my own children. Open your heart to me!" --2 Corinthians 6:3-13 (Dave's Application)

No comments: