Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mind Your Own Business


"This should be your ambition:  to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we commanded you before.  As a result, people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others to meet your financial needs" (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12).

This passage was in my quiet time this morning.  It's significant because within the last week I have decided to seek out a part-time job substitute teaching and then my long-range plan is to get my teaching certificate so that I can support myself and cease to receive a salary from my church.

3 comments:

Bradley W. Maston said...

I love that passage. Love it.

Dave Samples said...

Thanks for stopping by, Bradley. I'll be doing some reading over at your blog. It looks like we have a friend in common. Blessings!

Bradley W. Maston said...

Indeed, that is how I found your blog. Alan goes to our church, and when I saw he was following my blog I wanted to see who else he might be following. I was thankful to find your blog. Your writing is a true blessing, as is your burning heart for the Lord!