Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Samples' Family Update

It's about time for an update.  I have not written on the blog for quite some time.  Those that blog know that there are periods of time when you can post multiple thoughts everyday and then there are periods of time where there is just no motivation to write anything.  I don't know if I'm feeling especially motivated today or if I'm just feeling a big guilty for having not written in so long.  Either way...here I go.

I'll start with the family.  Tina signed a conract with Kregel Publications last week to write a book with one of her dear friends, Dena Dyer.  Both Tina and Dena (I like the way that sounds) are gifted writers, teachers, singers, etc.  They both have husbands who are hoping to ride their coattails all the way to the top.  This will be Tina's first published book and the Samples' house is praying for much success.  We plan to take the book on the road and to teach it wherever possible.  When the book is finished and the release date is anounced, I will certainly be letting you know (and asking to come to your church to teach it as well).

My oldest son Jaren will be marrying his fiance Jillian towards the end of this month.  It will be simple and small wedding in the mountains.  Jillian is in the Navy and they will be relocating to San Diego.  I've never been to San Diego but I look forward to visiting.  I hear that it is a wonderful place with great weather.  In the meantime, Jaren continues to teach guitar and to play in his band, A Texas Tragedy, with his brother.  They recently opened for Sheridan at a small venue in Littleton.

Zach, my youngest son, is changing schools.  Next week, he will begin his junior year at Resurrection Christian School.  He has been at Windsor for his entire academic career and so this a pretty big deal.  Rez will allow Zach to improve his grades and to get ready for college in a stronger way.  He is also excited about playing baseball for Rez.  Two years ago they barely missed winning the state championship.  We're looking forward to dedicated christian coaches who want to build strong character into their teams.  Zach is also looking for a car--something around $500--that runs, would be great.

As always, we appreciate your prayer.  We feel like God is doing a great work through our church--Grace River.  Many lives are being transformed as we continue to try to be a safe place where anyone can come as they are and find hope and healing.  I'll share more tomorrow (or the next day...lol).

No comments: