Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Destruction

"Destruction is certain for those who say that evil is good and good is evil; that dark is light and light is dark; that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter." (Isaiah 5:20)
We live in period of time where our culture is rapidly redefining truth.  It's happening at a staggering pace.  Life is being devalued, marriage is being redefined, virtue is vanishing, and sin is esteemed.  What is the logical outcome? The Bible insists it will be destruction! 

And we see destruction all around us.  We see destruction in Waco with 9 dead and hundreds arrested as bike gangs clash.  We see destruction in Baltimore as crowds riot and loot, burning cars and buildings.  We even see it in Granbury as an unsupervised 3 year old tragically drowns in the lake.  Yesterday, I was shocked to see on Facebook that a man I was acquainted with in Windsor, Colorado, had been shot while riding his bike.  It's just tragic.

"If my people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)
I think it's time to pray . . .

No comments: