Monday, January 12, 2009

From the CBGC Executive Board...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be participating in our state convention's executive board today and tomorrow. I was elected at our state convention to serve as 2nd Vice President and that position allows me to serve as an officer on our EB. The primary function of the EB is to provide oversight of the CBGC when the convention itself is not in session which is of course most of the year. This is the first time that I have been able to participate with the newly organized EB. I had served as chairperson a few years back and then rotated off the board. We had gone through a multiple year process of reorganizing and streamlining the EB. I am very anxious to experience the fruit of so much labor. I hope to share some of the experience with you all as the EB meets over the next two days. I am here a bit early--having not been sure what the roads would be like today. I am sitting in a pretty large conference room by myself at the moment looking at about seventeen empty chairs surrounding a square table. The new EB members and the officers will be meeting at noon to for a new member orientation. More to follow...

No comments: