Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Be Kind to the Poor...


Sometimes the promises of God are just too simple...

Let me ask: Are you ever sick? Are you ever under attack by enemies? Are you ever overwhelmed by problems? Do you ever have financial needs?

If so, then God says this:

"Oh, the joy of those who are kind to the poor. The Lord rescues them in times of trouble. The Lord protects them and keeps them alive. He give them prosperity and rescues them from their enemies. The Lord nurses them when they are sick and eases their pain and discomfort" (Psalm 41:1-3).

In this brief passage, God makes some stunning promises. He will rescue! He will protect! He will prosper! He will nurse! He will ease pain! Now like most of God's promises, this is all conditional. So what is the condition? Who is it that will receive these things? "Those who are kind to the poor".

Today is a day in which I will be looking for someone to bless. Specifically, I will be looking for the poor. Recently, my wife and I were blessed with some finances that were unexpected and quite needed. We have determined to give a portion of this blessing to whomever God might put in front of us. I'll be looking for someone today to whom I can be kind...

No comments: