Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Mountain of God


"Send out your light and your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live. There I will go to the altar of God, to God--the source of all my joy" (Psalm 43:3-4).

This is one of the verses that God used to confirm that He wanted me in Colorado eight years ago. The promise is that I will be led to the altar of God--to the source of ALL my joy. The altar of God (the place of sacrifice) is the place where joy dwells. I guess that I am especially moved by this passage today in that I am in the mountains with fresh-fallen snow. What is it that guides me to this place of sacrifice and joy? I am led by the LIGHT of God and I am led by the TRUTH of God. Both of these were used by Jesus to describe himself. He said, "I am the light of the world" and "I am the way, the truth, and the life". May I be led by Jesus himself today and I continue to look for His guidance. I will look for his light and for his truth.

The deacons at Cornerstone have represented both brokeness and blessing. The struggle that I went through a few years a go with several of them allowed me to come to a place of sacrifice where God was able to transform me once again. They have been the altar of God for me and they have been the joy of God for me. I think of Jesus who went to the cross for the joy that was before him. Perhaps true authentic joy only grows in the shadow of the altar. I am thankful that at least for today I have nothing but joy through these relationships.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have stopped picking my nose if I would have known where this picture was going.

Dave Samples said...

I think that it looks nice...