Friday, August 14, 2015

Patience

"Beg the Lord your God to show us what to do and where to go." (Jeremiah 42:3)

"Ten days later, the Lord gave his reply to Jeremiah." (Jeremiah 42:7).


The people asked the prophet Jeremiah to seek the Lord on their behalf that they might know what to do.  They had a grave situation in front of them and their lives hung in the balance.  "Beg the Lord your God to show us what to do and where to go."  What I find interesting is that the answer to their prayer did not arrive for ten days.  How often do we pray and then wait ten days (or however long is necessary) to get an answer from God?  I'm afraid that we give up long before we get a response.  We might not wait two days, much less 10, for a response before we guess and do what is best in our judgment.  I wonder how many mistakes I have made simply because I was not willing to patiently wait for God's answer to my prayer. 

Today if you need God's intervention or God's guidance, give Him time.  He is at work and His time is the right time.

No comments: