Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What I'm Reading...

I am always reading several books at any time. Here is what I'm reading right now:

The Power of Pentecost or the Fullness of the Spirit, John R. Rice, Sword of the Lord Publishers, 1949. This is a surprisingly strong treatment of the Holy Spirit by one of the fathers of the fundamentalist movement. The surprise is that John Rice is neither a dispensationalist nor a cessassionist.

The Mystery of the Holy Spirit, R.C. Sproul, Tyndale House Publishers, 1990. I picked this one up at the bookstore because I am soaking up anything that I can get my hands on concerning the Holy Spirit right now and because my good friend Ken Datson is enamoured with R.C. Sproul.

The Search for Significance, Robert S. McGee, W Publishing Group, 1998. This is my second time through McGee's book. I'm a recovering "people-pleaser" and I am always in need of a reminder of the fact that I'm accepted by God and that His is the only opinion of me that matters.

Leadership. This is a journal with a focus on leadership within the church. The articles are always practical and relevant but the best thing about Leadership is the cartoons. You can check out articles (and cartoons) for free at their website: http://www.christianitytoday.com/leaders/.

The Two Year Bible, Tyndale House Publishers, 2001. This is the absolute best way that I have ever found to be in the Word every day. Each day contains biblical passages from the OT, NT, Psalms, and Proverbs, spread out in such a way as to get you through the entire Bible in two years. There is also a One Year Bible that I have used for many years but I have found the Two Year Version to be much better for people like me with "ADD".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you finding new ways to express yourself and maybe say things that are hard to verbalize.

I hope you find the experience rewarding, I enjoyed reading your comments.

Ken