Monday, September 11, 2006

I've never been this dirty before...


I've been pretty dirty at various times in my life but nothing like today! I did two different obstacle courses today. Both of them involved stinky swamp water, mud, and me right in the middle. I was up early again today, as is my custom, and was in formation by 6:00am. We marched two miles to the "Litter O Course". This is a series of obstacles that a team of four converses while carrying a litter (gurney) containing a 175 pound medical dummy. The course begins mildly enough with some small waist-high walls to climb over. It quickly becomes a series of water obtacles that involes crawling through mud, swimming through stagnant swamp water, and climbing muddy embankments. All of this while keeping a 175 pound dummy safely out of the water. I was absolutely exhausted while at the same time soaked and saturted with mud and muck. The second course was just as challenging only without the litter and the dummy. There was just as much muddy water! I couldn't take my camera along but here is a picture that sort of represents the idea.

No comments: