Monday, February 12, 2007

Evangelism Support Group...

I met with two other pastors today and our Director of Missions to begin a "Personal Evangelism Support Group". The purpose of the group is to simply provide accountability and motivation to be involved in sharing our faith on a more regular basis. Each of us has admitted that we hardly ever witness outside of our profession. In other words, we would be hard pressed to find someone that we brought to Jesus that wasn't somehow related to our work. We will be meeting every other month and exchanging email updates every week. We're focusing on intentionally sharing our faith with people we meet and developing ongoing relationships with the unsaved. My goal is to simply share the gospel this week with someone who doesn't know that I'm a pastor. Secondly, I am developing a relationship with the parent of one of my son's wrestling team members. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: