Wednesday, March 07, 2007

From Pastor to President?


I have been watching the gathering of Republican and Democratic candidates for president with great interest. I have to be honest--I have not been impressed! That is until today, when I was reading Tim_Ellsworth's_blog and discovered that Mike Huckabee, Governor of Arkansas, has thrown his hat into the ring. Huckabee is a former Southern Baptist pastor who seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Newsweek has an article and some video that you can see here. Governor Huckabee could be the light in the darkness for conservative Christians in the 2008 presidential election.

2 comments:

The Missional Position said...

Hey, its funny when I started that response to Steve's post there were only like 6 comments. I got tired and decided to leave it until the morning and then by that time I posted it and discovered your comment and it lead me to your blog. I just got done setting up Google Reader. A great source for checking all your feeds. I highly recommend it.

I still laugh thinking about the time you, me and peacock where in that Recreation class and we got cracked up about 'something.' And you were laughing so hard you left the room and that guy followed you out because he thought you were crying and followed you into the bathroom to pray for you!!! I am laughing out loud thinking about it right now.

Dave Samples said...

Hey...don't confess MY sins on my blog! Seriously, that WAS funny!