Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I love my church...

I have no doubt that I pastor one of the greatest churches in the nation! Occasionally, when I have a rough week, or when I think that I have received more than my share of criticism--I may begin to doubt. However, give me a minute to recover my focus, and I am quickly reminded of the greatness of this church I get to serve. Just this past week, my wife received a basket of flowers and several cards (some with gifts) expressing appreciation for the work that she does as "pastor's wife". This past Sunday, someone placed a love-gift of $250 into the offering for my family which will allow us to take a little trip during Springbreak next week. Hardly a day goes by that I don't receive some type of affirmation from within the church. I've served in other churches that aren't quite as gracious and so I understand how special a blessing it is to be at Cornerstone. To illustrate, let me share an email that I received on Monday:

Hey Pastor Dave!

Just wanted to drop you a note to say "thanks" for an awesome morning yesterday! God truly answered your prayer at the beginning of the service to speak through you...I know so many people were touched by your message on JOY. I agree that God is really moving in this community, and from our "Experiencing God" study, it is really a privilege that he has asked us to be a part of his work!!

As for myself, I left church incredibly "PUMPED!" about asking lots of people to join us for church on Easter...just wanted you to know, I'll be praying with you about the 100 people coming to Christ that day...and our church being effective in reaching the lost of Windsor year round!

I would like to be added to the list to help put away or set up chairs...I can do it any time, just let me know when you need me.

You are doing a great job, Pastor Dave! Just wanted you to know you are a blessing to me and many others!! Have a great week.

Yes, indeed, I serve a great church! We are consololidating our three Sunday services into one big service on Easter Sunday. We will be holding our Easter service in the High School Auditiorium which is the largest space in town. We are asking God for 100 souls to be saved and we have set an attendance goal of 1000 which is about 700 more than we would normally have on a typical Sunday. I asked our people to write down the names of those that they were inviiting to join us on Easter and to bring the names forward and place them on the altar during the invitation. We had more than 700 names that were brought forward! Amazing!

I just wanted to brag on my church a little today...they deserve it!

No comments: