Sunday, October 14, 2007

Steamboat Springs...

Today was a very busy day. I bypassed my usual 4:00am wake-up since I wouldn't be preaching and slept in until almost 6:00. We were priviledged to have Dr. Charles Wade at Cornerstone this morning bringing the message. He was hilariously insightful in all three services with an extremely practical and relevant presentation. Following the final worship service, I accompanied Dr. Lowery and his wife to the town of Laporte where he spoke at the 50th anniversary celebration of our association--The Long's Peak Association. About 4:30 this afternoon following the associational gathering, I set out along with the assistant BSU director at CSU and the Long's Peak DOM for Steamboat. Coming across Cameron Pass, we encountered quite a bit of snow. It was the first glimpse of snow that I have seen since spring and it was absolutely beautiful. There was a caravan of about four vehicles that joined us in our journey to Steamboat--all pastors from Long's Peak. We finally arrived in Steamboat Springs about 8:00, ate dinner, and checked into the hotel. We're scheduled for golf at nine in the morning in Craig which is about an hour away. I'm a skeptic in terms of the weather tomorrow. I can't imagine that it is going to be warm enough to play. The forecast calls for a high of 55. The pastor's conference begins tomorrow afternoon here in the hotel. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my pastor friends that I have not seen in some time.

No comments: