Friday, February 19, 2010

Celebrate Recovery


Well, it's Friday--one of my favorite days of the week.  I love Fridays because it's CR day.  CR stands for Celebrate Recovery.  I started attending CR back in September when I was in the early stages of an excruciatingly painful three-month process.  CR became a sanctuary for me--a safe place where I could go and find acceptance, love, and support.  Five months later--I still love to go.  I jokingly refer to it as our date night.  Whenever possible, Tina goes with me and we make it a night out.

Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered 12-step recovery ministry.  You'll find people at CR recovering from everything from drugs and alcohol to anger, codependency, and relational issues.  I've found that there are two kinds of people:  those who know what their issues are and are working on them and those who are still in denial.  I am convinced that EVERYONE has issues.  CR is a wonderful environment in which to come clean, get honest, and start to find healing.

Tina and I (and many of our friends) attend the CR at Crossroads Church in Loveland every Friday night.  There are other CR programs in the area but Crossroads is the only one that I have ever attended.  One of my patterns is to find something that I like and then to stick with it.  The Crossroads CR website is here.  Feel free to check it out and if you live in the area--come and join us. 

No comments: