Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Dr. Page's Issues


Dr. Frank Page, the newly elected president of the Southern Baptist Convention, has posted some "Issues of Importance" at the convention website www.sbc.net. You can read them here.

I am very encouraged and excited by what Dr. Page lists as "Hopes and Dreams". He says,

"I hope that our Convention has come to the point where honest dialogue is encouraged. I hope we have come to the point where a truly democratic process will be honored. I hope we have come to the point where we realize that we do not own this Convention. I pray that we will repent of our un-Christlike spirit that has been exhibited at times. I pray that we will recommit ourselves to the precious Word of God, to the Spirit of Christ, and to a desire to see this world recognize that the Gospel is relevant and real. I pray that we will involve a much larger number of men and women in leadership. Again, let me be very clear. I am not calling for an end to the conservative resurgence. I am calling for an inclusion of men and women from every size church across this nation who have not served before. Instead of seeing the same names come up over and over, I hope we will continue the work that Dr. Bobby Welch began of including a large number of newer persons (all of whom are godly conservatives) into the process of denominational involvement."

AMEN!

No comments: