Friday, July 21, 2006

I had lunch with the President today . . . sort of

As many of you know, I am a Navy Reserve Chaplain proudly serving my country two days a month and two weeks a year in our nation's military. I am a part of a MEFREL unit which is "Navy talk" for Marine Expeditionary Force Religious support unit. That's right--I'm a Marine Chaplain! Anyway I was doing my weekend duty today when my fellow chaplains and I decided to head to chow. We were nearly to the Dining Hall when we found ourselves face to face with an armed patrol who motioned for us to halt. Moments later dozens of police motorcycles with lights flashing zoomed past us followed by a caravan of suburbans. Then . . . there he was . . . just 40 yards away. . . the President of the United States . . . cruising by at 50 mph. I could make out his profile through the bullet proof glass as he drove by and I managed to snap a quick picture on my Nokia cellphone. If I can figure out how to get the picture from my cellphone to my computer, then I will post it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested