Monday, August 17, 2009

Quiet Time: August 17, 2009


Here is what the Father is saying to me today:

"Get ready! Today the Lord will give you victory over Sisera, for the Lord is marching ahead of you" (Judges 4:14). This is a powerful promise of victory that I hold dear today. The Lord is marching ahead of me and victory is certain! No fear! It is of no coincidence that this promise is given to Barak by Deborah. I also have a "Deborah" who is speaking victory into my life as well.

"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to have all of you, to sift you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen and build up your brothers" (Luke 22:31-32). Yep, I know what this feels like! Notice that Jesus has no doubts that Peter will both fail and then repent of his failure. Jesus' prayer is that Simon's faith in God would not fail. Peter's failure and subsequent repentence will allow him to strengthen the brothers. God indeed causes all things to work together for the good for those who love Him.

"Happy are those whom you discipline, Lord, and those whom you teach from your law. You give them relief from troubled times..." (Psalm 94:12-13). It's almost absurd. How can one who is receiving discipline be happy? God is not like us at all! And guess what? Today I am truly happy!

God drew me into prayer this morning with one of my favorite prayers--the prayer of love. This is where I get to lie down on the floor and just allow the Father to pour his love over me and into me. I try to empty myself of any thoughts except the thought of receiving God's love and loving Him back.

My second season of prayer was a prayer asking for the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Finally, I was given a prayer of meditation--considering all that God is doing in my life and identifying the ways that Satan would attack and destroy me.

"Father, as always, my life is yours. It comes from you and sustained through you. Allow me Father the opportunity today to build up my brothers. I believe your promises and I await your deliverance. Love me Father! I love you back! Fill me with your Holy Spirit that I might be supernaturally empowered for this day! You are enough!"

No comments: