Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Kindness

"This same Good News that came to you is going out all over the world. It is changing lives everywhere, just as it changed yours that very first day you heard and understood the truth about God's great kindness to sinners." (Colossians 1:6)

God loves you! He loves you so much that He accomplished the impossible to deliver you from your sins.  Jesus died, paying the steep price for your mistakes.  Jesus rose again, empowering you to life an abundant life through His life.  He is, in fact, kind to sinners like you and me. 

Today is my oldest son's 23rd birthday and I'm quite emotional over the fact that he is in Colorado while I am in Texas.  For most of the years of his life, Jaren and I would go to an amusement park to celebrate his birthday--Just him and me.  I am missing that experience today. I am missing him today.  In the same way, God longs to spend time with us today.  It's not that He needs us to do anything. It's not that He needs us at all.  He simply loves us--and thus He is kind!

No comments: