Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Valley of Weeping

"When they walk through the Vally of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs, where pools of blessing collect after the rains!" (Psalm 84:6)

Have you ever walked through the Valley of Weeping? I'm sure we all have experienced times of devastating grief when a loved one dies, a cancer grows, a job fails, or a relationship skips town. I often say that these difficult experiences either make us "bitter" or they make us "better". When the "better" happens, it's like pools of refreshing blessing to a thirsty soul. I've gone swimming in those pools, more than once. What I thought was going to be the death of me turns out to be my rebirth. Today, if you are wandering around lost in the Valley of Weeping, don't lose heart. God never wastes a hurt! He sees you and even now He is leading you to a refreshing spring. Keep going!

No comments: