Monday, June 15, 2015

A Spiritual Treasure Hunt

"I, the Lord, have called you to demonstrate my righteousness. I will guard and support you, for I have given you to my people as the personal confirmation of my covenant with them. And you will be a light to guide all nations to me. You will open the eyes of the blind and free the captives from prison. You will release those who sit in dark dungeons." (Isaiah 42:6-7)

From my quiet time this morning, I see six things that I am to be about today.  I share them with you in hopes that we can do them together.

#1--We are to demonstrate God's righteousness.  Bottom line, we are to show the world how to live correctly.
#2--We are to confirm God's covenant to the people.  We are to affirm in word and deed the Gospel of Grace.
#3--We are to guide the nations to God. Someone in our path today needs to know that God loves them.
#4--We are to open the eyes of the blind. The enemy has darkened minds. The Spirit enlightens.
#5--We are to free the captives. People all around us are held captive by hurts, habits, and hangups.
#6--We are to release those who sit in dark dungeons. We bring the tortured out of their prisons.

I'm looking for whomever God will place in my path today.  Join my in this treasure hunt and let's report back the precious souls that we discover.

No comments: