Thursday, June 11, 2015

Recovery

"Dear brothers and sisters, if another Christian is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back on the right path." (Galatians 6:1)
Too often, churches have given up on the black sheep.  People make mistakes and bring chaos into their lives.  We don't have the right to give up on them.  Our role is to help them back on the right path.  Without approving of their sin we want to always approve of the person.  I've often said, the only person we cannot help is the person who doesn't want help.  A person who doesn't want to change, who doesn't want to work on their issues, who rebelliously refuses counsel--that kind of person is hard to help. 

My greatest joy as a pastor is to meet regularly with people who want to work on their issues.  Over the years, I've seen a host of people find freedom from their hurts, habits, and hangups.  If you think you might want to start work on your issues, feel free to connect with me.  I'm safe and everything you share is confidential.

In addition, we're in the process of launching a couple of Celebrate Recovery small groups.  The first will be just for men and will meet on Tuesday evenings at 6:00 in the TBC fellowship hall.  Text me, call me, or email me if you want more details. Otherwise, just show up on Tuesday. 

“Wisdom is knowing the right path to take. Integrity is taking it.” --M.H. McKee

No comments: