Tuesday, June 16, 2015

No Fear!

"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." (Isaiah 43:1-2)

Likely, at least one of us needs to hear these words from God today.  Here's another good verse of promise, "God is our refuge and strength, He is our very present help in times of trouble. (PS 46:1)  In all of my years of studying the Bible, I've discovered that the Bible is filled with such promises.  Our God is a good God who lavishes His love upon His children.  He can be trusted with lives--our hopes, our dreams, and even our failures.  God has ransomed us through the precious blood of Jesus and thus we are precious to Him.

Today, God says, "Don't be afraid, for I have ransomed you."

No comments: