Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'll be blogging from Camp LeJeune

I'll be flying to North Carolina on Monday to receive some training with the Marine Corp. I intend to keep a blog journal of how it goes. I should be able to describe my activities every day. I have been getting back in training shape over the past few months and I think that I am ready to go. My biggest hurdle to clear was in the area of pull-ups. We don't have to do them in the Navy but they are required in the Marine Corp. I only need to do three. The problem is that a few months ago, I couldn't do any. I'm pleased to report that last night I did four. I'm running three and one half miles in under thirty minutes as required. My sit-ups and push-ups are just fine. My training will be a combination of Physical training, Classroom instruction, and Field Exercises. I'll return home as a lean, mean, praying machine!

3 comments:

Taran said...

Dave,

I would love to read about your training. I think that would be very interesting.

Plus I don't ever mind watching other people exercise!

Seriously, I thank you for your service.

Kevin Bussey said...

Camp LeJeune!

I know it well. I was on staff @ FBC in the mid 90's. Semper Fi!

Dave Samples said...

Taran, I'll be thinking of you when I rediscover humidity.

Kevin, If I should visit FBC and mention your name, will I get "super-sized" communion?