Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Roadtrip...

Jaren and I will be heading to Nebraska on Wednesday morning. It will be a good chance for him to practice driving on the Interstate and it will be a good chance for me to face some of my demons. When I was around five years old--maybe six, my dad surrndered to the ministry and moved our family to Kimball, Nebraska to pastor the Calvary Baptist Church. It was in Kimball that I was molested by a next door neighbor. At the time, I didn't tell anyone and evidently nobody discovered what had happened. It remained a secret well into my 30's and only then did I tell one person--my wife. There is not much to see in Kimball but I'm not going for the sights. I want to somehow connect with the little boy that I left behind forty years ago. I don't know what to expect. It could be very emotional--I just don't know.

No comments: